The Principal Recommended Admission Scheme (“the Scheme”) aims at giving due recognition to students who have made distinguished achievements in academic and/or non-academic areas such as sports, music, etc., contributed to community services, or demonstrated leadership abilities. Admission quotas have been reserved for eligible nominees and conditional offers will be given before the release of HKDSE examination results.
To stimulate students with extraordinarily distinguished performance in academic and/or non-academic areas to study at HSUHK, firm offers, regardless of their HKDSE examination results, will be issued via the Scheme starting from 2021 intake alongside conditional offers.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to be considered under the Scheme:
- Local Student* / residents with right of abode in Hong Kong; and
- Applicant of HSUHK degree programme(s); and
- School applicants attending the HKDSE examination; and
- Outstanding academic achievements; and/or
- Distinguished achievements in non-academic areas, e.g. sports, music, arts, etc.; or
- Outstanding leadership qualities, e.g. Head Prefects, Presidents of Students’ Unions; or
- Participation in community services
*For the definition of Local and Non-local Student, please refer to the Registry website: https://registry.hsu.edu.hk/prospective-students/undergraduate/other-information/faq/
All recommendations should be submitted via SCHOOL no later than 19 March 2021 (Friday). Late submission / amendment will not be considered. School applicants who wish to be nominated under the Scheme should approach their school principals or career masters for recommendation.
Required documents for submission include:
- Completed School Application Form signed by the principal; and
- Each Student Personal Profile and ALL copies of certification/awards
*Each secondary school can nominate 5 students at maximum.
Schools please mail# the whole set of submission documents to:
Registry, 1/F, N Building, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong,
Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, Hong Kong
#Re: “Principal Recommended Admission Scheme”. Giving the COVID-19 pandemic, secondary schools can submit the whole set of application forms to us by email (email@example.com) during the class suspension.
- If the school would like to recommend students for admission to programmes under Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP), i.e. BBA-SCM, BSC-AIN, BSC-AC, BSC-DSBI, BMSIM and BA-AD, please follow the School Principal’s Nominations (SPN) in the JUPAS instead of Principal Recommended Admission Scheme.
- Student nominees must first submit application via the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System (UAS) or Electronic Advance Application System for Post-secondary Programmes (E-APP) and complete all the application procedures (including uploading the HKID Card / valid travel document, school report(s) for the recent two academic years to UAS and settling the application fees) before joining the Scheme.