EMSC-INS is the first executive master’s degree programme in insurance in Hong Kong. It combines practical knowledge with theories and principles in insurance domain to build a challenging and stimulating learning experience. Our targeted students are industry practitioners with a minimum of five years’ relevant work experiences and they are expected to assume managerial and executive roles in the insurance industry after graduation.
The curriculum introduces risk management concepts in insurance and their applications. Furthermore, quantitative models, regulatory practice, compliance, and business ethics are included as core elements. Industry practitioners can also choose to study topics in life and health insurance, general insurance, investment and financial analysis, as well as management and marketing to suit their own needs. Contemporary issues in insurance will be discussed throughout the curriculum.
- Combine practical knowledge with theories and principles in insurance domain to build a challenging and stimulating learning experience
- Incorporate input from industrial partners and employers in the curriculum, being forward-looking and comprehensive, equipping students with professional knowledge to meet their career goals
- Enhance generic competencies in a knowledge-based industry, including independent thinking, informed decision making and teamwork
- Enable students to apply advance knowledge and skills acquired in the Programme
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent*; and
- A minimum of five years’ relevant work experience.
*If the applicant’s bachelor’s degree was not obtained from a university/ tertiary institution where English is the medium of instruction, s/he needs to fulfil one of the following English language proficiency requirements: TOEFL≥ 550 (paper-based), ≥ 213 (computer-based), ≥ 79 (internet-based); IELTS ≥ 6.0; CET 6 ≥ 430; or TEM-4 ≥ 70
Year of Study
Local applicants: 30 April 2021
Non-local applicants: 30 April 2021
Mode of Study
Full-time and part-time
Minimum of Credits Required
Normal Study Period
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 2 years
Maximum Study Period
Mode of Processing
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
Tuition Fee (for 2021 intake)
Local students: HK$12,500 per credit
Non-local students: HK$15,625 per credit
Dr. Derrick FUNG
Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Insurance
(+852) 3963 5507