Dear New Students of 2020/21 Cohort,
From the 2017/18 academic year, the Government provides a non-means-tested annual subsidy for eligible LOCAL students pursuing full-time locally-accredited local and non-local self-financing undergraduate (including top-up degree) programmes in Hong Kong (save for those enrolled in places already supported under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP)) offered by eligible institutions. The annual subsidy amount of NMTSS will be increased to HK$32,100 in the 2020/21 academic year.
List of eligible programmes
The following undergraduate programmes (including top-up degree programmes) offered by The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) are eligible under the Subsidy Scheme in the 2020-2021 cohort:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Financial Analysis
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Finance and Banking
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Global Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Professional Accountancy
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Convergent Media and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Journalism and Communication (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Chinese
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Cultural and Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Translation with Business (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Applied and Human-Centred Computing (Senior-Year Entry Only)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Supply Chain Management (Senior-Year Entry Only)
- Bachelor of Management Science and Information Management (Honours) (Senior-Year Entry Only)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Data Science and Business Intelligence (Senior-Year Entry Only)
You may also visit https://www.cspe.edu.hk/en/nmt-annual-subsidy.html for the updated HSUHK programme list.
The subsidy is only applicable to local students* who have attained –
(a) “3322” in the Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education Examination (i.e. level 3 for Chinese Language and English Language and level 2 for Mathematics Compulsory Part and Liberal Studies) when they are enrolled in eligible self-financing first-year-first-degree programmes; or
(b) sub-degree qualifications (i.e. after completing the locally-accredited Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes in relevant disciplines) when they are enrolled in eligible self-financing top-up degree programmes.
*Students who hold the following visa / permit issued by the Director of Immigration are regarded as local students:
1. Permanent HKID Card;
2. Documents issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department showing right to land / right of abode in Hong Kong;
3. One-way Permit for entry to Hong Kong;
4. Full-time employment visa / work permit;
5. Dependant visa (students who were below 18 years old when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration);
6. Visa / Entry permit for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme;
7. Visa / Entry permit for Capital Investment Entrant Scheme;
8. Visa / Entry permit for Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents;
9. Visa label for unconditional stay
Students who meet the above criteria are eligible for subsidy. The subsidy is tenable for the normal duration of study of the programmes concerned at HSUHK. In case you take longer than the normal duration of study to complete a programme due to academic reasons, such as taking extra modules and/or retaking modules, subsidy is NOT tenable for the study period beyond the normal duration of the programme. In case of study deferment on health or other compassionate grounds, subsidy may be disbursed for the actual study periods, capped by the normal duration of study in total. The University is required to report such cases to EDB before confirmation of subsidy disbursement.
Eligible students will be invited for application via email. Students should complete the online application and submit the following documents to the Registry on or before the stipulated due date stated in the email:
1. ORIGINAL HARDCOPY (正本) of the duly signed application form; AND
2. Copy of Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card OR Hong Kong Identity Card with relevant visa permit (i.e. Proof of local students); AND
3. Copy of the official HKDSE examination result slip / the official Associate Degree or Higher Diploma graduation transcript
Late submission will not be accepted.
For more details of the Subsidy Scheme, please visit https://www.cspe.edu.hk/en/nmt/index.html.
For further enquiries, please contact the Registry: